Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)'s Reviews > Naked in Death

Mar 02, 13

bookshelves: 2010-reads, mystery, romance
Read in March, 2010

****EDIT****
Funny, I read my review below after having finished #36 today - exactly three years since I finished the first. 36 books in 36 months and I still want more? go figure. Upgrading to the 4 stars deserved for being a long series. And yes, I know that when I wrote the review there were only 30 books.

**** End Edit****

All books should come with a warning. Warning - this book has a hero that is too perfect and you will be sick of him by page 100. Or maybe Warning - the future foretold in this book is already feeling a bit dated. But the real warning for this book should read:

***Warning*** While this book is fairly entertaining, it is book one in a seemingly endless series.

Yeah, I didn't know that when I picked it up. I was a few chapters into it when someone mentioned that to me. Oh well, I thought another series to work my way through. Then I looked into it and found out the series was currently at 38 F'n books! I'm just going to throw in the towel after one. Not going to do it.

As for the book itself, it is better than average. The murderer is no surprise. The hero is too perfect. The attraction between H/H is rather inexplicable. The 'message' is none too subtle in the delivery. And yet I blew through it in a long afternoon. The heroine, Eve Dallas, was a good character. The dialog was decent. And the action was fast paced.

I'd give it 3.5 stars but it gets rounded down for being in such a long series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked in Death.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annvelwis ;) It's only 30 books (not counting short stories, heh) and every one of them very entertaining. Main problem is the writing speed of the author, I think. 30th novel was released on 23th Feb and already there's news about another one coming in November.
I like this series very much, I was hooked after first two books. Granted I didn't know the number of books in the series then, but I don't remember having difficulties with catching up.