Adrian Phoenix's Reviews > Twilight

Mar 13, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: own, paranormal-ya, vampires
Read from March 01 to 12, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Interesting. I kept wondering what drew Edward to Bella. I've been told I never get an answer to that question. Still, I enjoyed the read enough to pick up the second book.

Vampire baseball???? Just seems wrong. LOL.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.

03/01/2010 page 1

Patricia DRG I think that Bella's quiet mind is what draws Edward to her. She is the only person in his life that offers some mystery to him. The only person that he has to actually work to figure out.

Adrian Phoenix Ah! True. You make a very good point.

Cathy What I remember is that what first drew him to was her smell. The one he almost kiled her over. When he learned to control himself he became fascinated by how she never did or said what he expected. Not just that he couldn't hear her, which is part of it, but that she doesn't behave like every other girl, worrying about clothes or gossip or whatever. I remember him asking her about her mother going to travel with the new husband and if she was angry or jealous. He was taken aback by how she arranged the whole thing so her mom could be happy. So to have this girl he can "hear" be so surprising to was something new and fascinating. Which would be a big deal when you live that long, I guess.

Adrian Phoenix True enough. That makes sense. I guess I just felt that she hadn't *done* anything to earn that kind of intense devotion/love. I understood why she felt the way she did - he's good-looking, different, and he saved her life (more than once). I got why she drew him, just not what she had done to make him fall so hard and so quickly for her.

message 5: by Patricia (last edited Mar 19, 2010 03:52AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Patricia DRG Actually, Bella does not understand why he loves her either. That becomes very important in upcoming books... Perhaps that's why it is not explained?

Adrian Phoenix That's a good point. The book *is* only from Bella's POV, so the fact that she's perplexed by(but grateful for)Edward's love is a good reason for the reader to be perplexed too.