Mary's Reviews > Diet for a Hot Planet: The Climate Crisis at the End of Your Fork and What You Can Do about It

Diet for a Hot Planet by Anna Lappé

F 50x66
May 23, 10

Read in May, 2010

Anna Lappe''s book broadens the concept of how food affects climate change beyond our notion of "food miles." There is far more to it than our food traveling from a distant field to our dinner tables. Lappe' delves into CAFO's (Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations), where livestock is confined and scientifically fed, and where energy use and emissions are enormous. She uses the term "greenwashing" for the practice of certain companies that enumerate the ways they are conserving resources and cutting down their carbon footprints, but are actually manupulating their statistics and aren't doing anything differently from years ago. On the brighter side, Lappe' includes some great websites for readers who are interested in going beyond the basics of recycling paper and plastic. Diet for a Hot Planet is an important book for any reader interested in caring for our planet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diet for a Hot Planet.