Jaclyn's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Mar 12, 10

bookshelves: vampires, fantasy-science-fiction, series, young-adult
Read in March, 2010

So good! First off, I must say that even though they story takes place in a high school setting, this is anything but what I would want my high school daughter reading. I'll admit that I'm a bit conservative, but this is defintely not appropriate high school reading in my opinion. However, I am not a high school kid, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, I devoured it and could not put it down. I can't wait to start the next book in the series - which I picked up from the library this afternoon and will be starting tonight!

Now to back track a bit. This series follows two best friends, one who is a Moroi (good) vampire and the other, her guardian. Told from the perspective of Rose, the guardian, we learn that Lissa has powers that make her different from most Moroi, and not necessarily in a good way. Someone knows her secret though, and Rose will do anything to protect Lissa from whoever it is and whatever they are threatening to do to her. The question is, after being away from the Academy for 2 years, will she have the skill to do it? With the help of her too hot mentor, she sure hopes so.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

03/11/2010 page 58
17.47% "I just started this book last night and I'm totally hooked!"