Jennifer's Reviews > Where the God of Love Hangs Out

Mar 04, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: 2010
Read from March 01 to 04, 2010

I had seen this book on the Goodreads giveaway page awhile back, and although I entered, I am so glad I did not win the giveaway. Thank goodness this is a library book I can take back!
The book was told in several small stories which I was not expecting. I was a bit thrown by the format because some chapters were related and there was a break in the book to let the reader know a new story was starting. However some chapters that followed were not a continuation of the preceding chapter so it threw me for a loop.
I have never read any of Amy Bloom's books, so I did not know what to expect. The style of writing was also hard for me to get into. I have to say that I skimmed the last 1/4 of the book, which I never do. Some parts kept me reading, and then later on, I was wondering when the story will end. I would not recommend this book.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the God of Love Hangs Out.

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Mar 06, 2011 11:15AM) (new)

Lisa I agree with you. I could not get into this book. I found it boring and hard to follow. I didn't even bother skimming through the end.