Annalisa's Reviews > Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception

542037
Mar 01, 10

bookshelves: fantasy, young-adult, romance
Read from February 27 to 28, 2010

This book was so frustrating to read, and by the end I'm still not sure my questions are answered. I know at times Dierdre was confused, but often I didn't understand what she figuring out or so bugged with her for not asking the right questions or figuring out the right answers when it just unnecessarily prolonged suspense. There was enough suspense without having to keep the reader in the dark. I can only handle so many unanswered questions before I get frustrated trying to keep them all straight.

I think Stiefvater should have focused on developing her faerie lore and character development instead of all those hollow sentences that meant nothing but sounded pretty. It pushed the story to the background, giving me a lot of telling in passing without a lot of showing. Having said that, the story was a good idea and the faerie lore, what I did get of it, was interesting. I won't be reading the rest of the series, but having read Shiver, I can say that Stiefvater's style improves and the other books in the series are probably better written.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lament.