Kevin's Reviews > The Vintage Caper

Mar 01, 10

Read in February, 2010

The Vintage Caper by Peter Mayle
Alfred A Knopf Publisher, Copyright 2009

Let me start off by saying I am a fan of Peter Mayle’s work so this is slightly, alright an unabashedly biased review. Now that the transparency has been established, The Vintage Caper is an excellent read. It was perfect for a Snow storm day this past weekend, where as the inches of snow accumulated on the ground, I was safely ensconced in the goings on of Sam Levitt and a his friends from Los Angles to the south of France, from the refinement of the Chateau Marmont to one of the finest cellars (wine) in the world the tale was expertly paced and once again made me determined to live a life as remarkable as any of the protagonists that Mr. Mayle has created. From the food, the wine, the friendships, the conversations, down to the sunsets I found myself enraptured in the joys of living albit as seen through the eyes of these characters. The book’s one shortcoming is in its length, it is far to short at only 223 pages in length. I raise a glass, hoping the author has many more adventures in store for Sam Levitt and his friends.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vintage Caper.