Leanne Bell's Reviews > City of Bones

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

If you love your vampires, faeries, werewolves and shadow hunters (people with angel blood who kill demons) then this is one book you shouldn't miss out on.
There's enough fighting and action scenes for those who love adrenaline filled battles and enough witty one liners to get anyone laughing. Some of the lines in this book are so memorable, you'll find yourself still able to quote them months later, and still find them funny.
For those who love a fantastically complicated romance then City of Bones scores 10/10 on that front as well, as well as having some of the best characters ever invented in the history of Urban Fantasy (Magnus Bain is awesome!).
To sum up, this has something for everyone, and i'd recommend it to anyone who loves fantasy, romance and horror, if your in your mid-teens upwards.
Cassandra Clare is a genius, and the sequels are just as amazing! :-)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.

Quotes Leanne Liked

Cassandra Clare
“If you were half as funny as you think you are, you'd be twice as funny as you are now.”

Cassandra Clare
“Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.”

Cassandra Clare
“Do you remember back at the hotel when you promised that if we lived, you’d get dressed up in a nurse’s outfit and give me a sponge bath?" asked Jace.
"It was Simon who promised you the sponge bath."
"As soon as I’m back on my feet, handsome," said Simon.
"I knew we should have left you a rat.”

Cassandra Clare
“Sarcasm is the last refuge of the imaginatively bankrupt.”

Cassandra Clare
“You guessed? You must have been pretty sure, considering you could have killed me."
"I was ninety percent sure."
"I see," Clary said. There must have been something in her voice, because he turned to look at her. Her hand cracked across his face, a slap that rocked him back on his heels. He put his hands on his cheek, more in surprise than pain.
"What the hell was that for?"
"The other ten percent.”