Dayna's Reviews > Millenium: La trilogie

Millenium by Stieg Larsson

Feb 28, 10

Read in February, 2010

I am adding this as a stand in for the third book in the Millenium trilogy, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest. My sister-in-law brought me a copy from Europe, but it isn't officially out in the US yet. I couldn't put down the first two books and ended up reading the whole trilogy all in a row. I've never done that before and I really felt like I knew these characters by the end.

I think this book is great if you love the first two books, but it is definitely a slower build than the other two. There is a lot of detail around the Swedish security police and legal system. It takes a while to get going and is a little repetitive in the beginning, but once the trial comes together it's a page turner again. If they make these books into movies, I guarantee this one will never be made - it's sort of like reading what happens after the credits roll. You can kind of infer from the end of the second that these characters will work things out, but this lets you actually see them figure it out.

I liked it because it let me live with Lisbeth and Mikael a little longer, which is definitely a good thing. I also really like Mikael's sister and the complete con they run against the security police. It's a beyond satisfying ending to the whole thing- this is the best trilogy I've probably ever read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Millenium.