Clerah's Reviews > A Matter of Time

A Matter of Time by Mary Calmes

Mar 01, 10

bookshelves: 2010_03_challenge, ebook, _own, gfy
Read on March 01, 2010

** spoiler alert ** First off I've got to say that I fell in love with Mary Calmes storytelling in her book Change of Heart. Love - loved it. Which if course made me want to pick up everything else that she had written, leading me of course to her book A Matter of Time.

Unfortunately I do have a few issues with the A Matter of Time series so far. From what I understand, the the length of the book was too long for a normal ebook publishing so they chopped up the book into four parts. Thank goodness all the books are out, or I would have been highly upset with how the books were split up. One other issue I had with the series is the editing. It is atrocious. The third book which I'm reading now, has no quotation marks at all - which make it just a bit difficult to tell who and when someone is talking and that's just one editing issue.

Now on for some better news. The story is great! I adore Jory (as most of the characters seem to as well). I like that Jory will stand up for himself. If he thinks that someone is mistreating him, he'll says so in no uncertain terms, even if that means just taking off. One thing that's is just a little unbelievable about Jory though is that almost everyone absolute unconditionally loves him. This worked really well in A change of Heart because of the paranormal elements, but I find it just a bit hard to believe it in a contemporary situation.

And SAM *shiver*, well he's a great character in all the best ways. Dominating in a sexy way and overbearing at times, his desire for Jory is HOT. *Ugh* It's hard trying to talk about the book without giving anything away. Sam has some issues that he has to work through for sure, but for a man that was straight it doesn't seem that far fetched that he would have these issues. There were times though that I just wanted to take a 2x4 upside his head *shakes head*.

The side characters in the story are plentiful and lead for some very interesting interaction between the main characters. My favorite side character is Dane (view spoiler).

Needless to say I am and have enjoyed this book, and if you know me at all I very rarely write reviews, especially before I'm even done with the book.

I would totally recommend reading this book

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Matter of Time.