Christy Stewart's Reviews > Loath Letters

Loath Letters by Christy Leigh Stewart

This is the least worst thing I have ever done.
14 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loath Letters.

Quotes Christy Liked

Christy Leigh Stewart
“This semester has born in me the flame of hope to one day become a leader in the modern feminist movement. I can and will be the force that blows new life into it, giving a face and name to associate with instead of those women now who’s names I don’t know because they weren’t listed on Wikipedia.”
Christy Leigh Stewart, Loath Letters

Christy Leigh Stewart
“ I want to find a designer that can represent me. I want to find a celebrity that reflects me.

So far I’ve been dressing in cotton-polyester blends.

It’s what Jerffrey Dahmer wore.”
Christy Leigh Stewart, Loath Letters

Megan Hansen You are far too modest!

Amber Hey, is the book already listed on the "first reads" thing? Or is the giveaway over already? I tried finding it among the list but couldn't. I'm broke/cheap, I need giveaways :P I'm the kind of person who buys books at flea markets for like $2, but wouldn't dream of paying $10+ for a book at a bookstore unless I was absolutely desperate and couldn't find it for free at the library lol

message 3: by André (new) - added it

André Thanks Christy. Sounds great. I'm very busy reading books as research for my own writing so I put it on my "to read list"
All best,
André

Christy Stewart Amber: It should be in the list today or tomorrow, you cheap ass bastard...I can send you the manuscript if you promise to review it!

André: thank you!

message 5: by Amber (last edited Mar 01, 2010 01:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amber Christy wrote: "Amber: It should be in the list today or tomorrow, you cheap ass bastard...I can send you the manuscript if you promise to review it!

Thanks, I entered! Fingers crossed that I win a copy!

And I'll always give you a review~ (where's that kissy face emo when you need it lol). Even if it takes me several months to finish reading (I do better with physical copies of books, since I do most of my reading in bed right before going to sleep. I get too distracted and unfocused with e-books, which is why it's taking me forever to finish Familiar Scars :/).

Christy Stewart Stop trying to read it! Just give me a good review!

Matthew Revert I'll review yer guff. You have spark.

Christy Stewart My guff and I thank you ;)

Amber Christy wrote: "Stop trying to read it! Just give me a good review!"

I want to be able to comment on what I specifically liked about it, not just say I liked it :P

Christy Stewart I can give you talking points.

I would rather you use your time to work on Star Trek fanfic.

Matthew Revert Christy wrote: "I can give you talking points.

I would rather you use your time to work on Star Trek fanfic."

BURN!!!!!

Amber Christy wrote: "I can give you talking points.

I would rather you use your time to work on Star Trek fanfic."

LMFAO!! XD. You know, a few weeks ago I had really good idea for what to do with Lee SeungGi and Binu, if I ever get around to it...

Christy Stewart I've been watching those Trekkie documentaries and I think of you throughout them <3

Amber Christy wrote: "I've been watching those Trekkie documentaries and I think of you throughout them <3"

Dude, I might have to revoke my Trekkie card. I bought this Star Trek trivia game based on the original series at a flea market and tried to play it with a friend and her mom (my friend only really got into it in the past few years, but her mom is a major Trekkie). IT WAS SO HARD. Like, asking stuff about specific episodes, and the minutest little details. Someone out there must know all those answers and be really good at the game, but it took us like 2 1/2 hours to finish and eventually we gave up trying to answer the level 2 & 3 questions, and just went back to level 1 lol. I kept saying if the questions had been about Voyager I probably would have done better, but who am I kidding? I probably would've sucked just as bad at that one lol.

Christy Stewart You are a fangirl, though, so you don't need to know that useless information. You just need to know your Star Trek OTPs.

Amber Christy wrote: "You just need to know your Star Trek OTPs."

I...don't think I ever romantically shipped anyone on Star Trek  :/  Hmmmm...

Christy Stewart ................I don't know you anymore.

Amber Christy wrote: "................I don't know you anymore."

I think to be able to ship people you have to be able to sexualize them and...Star Trek is something I so strongly associate with my childhood, a time when I would never have thought of someone/something as sexual, that it's just never occurred to me to sexualize anyone from Star Trek. It would be like sexualizing Captain Planet, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles—I just can't do it. Voyager is the Star Trek series I know best and sure, there were canon couples in the series (Tom/B'Elanna, Neelix/Kes, Chakotay/Seven of Nine) that I didn't object to (well Chakotay/Seven of Nine kind of totally came out of left field and was a bit WTF lol), but I never actively shipped them either.

That said, I hold no objections to the possibility of sexualizing/shipping characters (or actors) from the rebooted Star Trek movie franchise, because those are actors that I do not associate with childhood memories. And Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto were pretty adorkable together in interviews they did for the movie lol XD

Christy Stewart You lost me at "ship people"

Amber ......Why? How?

Christy Stewart Okay, let me -- Hold on...

Christy Stewart This is what I see in my brain:

I really want some chicken marsala.

Amber LOL! You know what I meant xP

Christy Stewart Does knowing what you meant appear anywhere in that photo????

message 25: by Jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jess Gulbranson Why is BoatHead standing in a hot dog bun? Bowie is wise to be closing his eyes to that shit.

Amber Christy wrote: "Does knowing what you meant appear anywhere in that photo????"

Wikipedia to the rescue!
Shipping, derived from the word "relationship", is a general term for fans' emotional and/or intellectual involvement with the ongoing development of romance in a work of fiction..."Ship" and its derivatives in this context have since then come to be in wide and versatile use. "Shipping" refers to the whole phenomenon; a "ship" is the concept of a fictional couple; to "ship" a couple means to have an affinity for it in one way or another; a "shipper" is somebody significantly involved with such an affinity, and so forth.

Christy Stewart Oh......Well...........You are more hip than I am.........Happy now?!

Jess wrote: "Why is BoatHead standing in a hot dog bun? Bowie is wise to be closing his eyes to that shit."

Amber Christy wrote: "Oh......Well...........You are more hip than I am.........Happy now?!

So, wait, you really didn't know what "shipping" is??? o_O I thought you were just messing with me...

Christy wrote: "It's part of Ship People's religious culture, you and David Bowie wouldn't understand."

lololol

Christy Stewart I had NO idea lol.

message 30: by Christie Skipper (new)

Christie Skipper Ritchotte This is the first review I've ever read by the author of a book (without me having heard of the book beforehand) that made me have to read it right now. Also, I learned that shipping does not mean what I thought it meant. It's a good day?

Christy Stewart Tis' a great day!