Melissa's Reviews > The Animal Review: The Genius, Mediocrity, and Breathtaking Stupidity That Is Nature

The Animal Review by Jacob Lentz

Mar 12, 10

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from March 10 to 12, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** Excerpt:
The definitive, highly biased, and frequently accurate report card on evolution’s illustrious (and sometimes absurd) 3.5-billion-year career.

gift for animal lovers of all ages.

I won this book in a first reads and i have to say i fairly enjoyed it. It's certainly not a long book, nor one that requires constant attention. It's one where it's best place is on a coffee table or reading rack at an office where someone can pick it up and turn to any random page and start reading. Immensely humorous the authors that learning about various in a more entertaining way than most fact books about animals. It should be noted though that some basic knowledge of some animals featured in this book in needed. I say this because in their "Great White Shark" section they repeatedly state how much of a killer it is, how death by shark is the highest death rate, and that you'll know one person whose been killed by a shark in your life. These things are completely untrue and merely stated in a humorous notion. If you have ever watched "Shark Week" on "The Discovery Channel" you'd know you have a greater chance of being struck by lightning than killed by a shark. Though notably short i found this book to be wholly entertaining and a keeper. My one critic is that the authors have not scored the rabbit. Being a bunny mommy of six i was hoping to find how they rate rabbits among the animal kingdom.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Animal Review.