Deborah Sloan's Reviews > The Lightning Thief

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Feb 28, 10

Read in February, 2010

Modern Day meets the world of the Greek Gods! Imagine you are a twelve year old boy and your world is suddenly turned upside down with monsters out to get you. I'm not talking about nightmares normal kids have I'm talking about monsters like Medussa, or Cerebus. If you remember your Greek Mythology at all you'll know what I mean. Percy Jackson is that twelve year old boy who discovers the Greek Gods are still active in our world and one of them is his father; but which one? A new school; new friends; betrayal; quests; gifts; and Percy Jackson must discover what is good and what is evil in this new life of his.

In this New York Times best-selling series by Rick Riordan The Lightening Thief is book one. My family has been sharing this series and we all loved it so the appeal for many age groups is there. If you're looking for a great book to read with your children then this is it. If you're looking for a book that both kids and adults might enjoy then this is it too! This fantasy action adventure book will peak the interests of young and old alike. I loved reading it and loved that it's a quick read. I'll get to the others soon and let you know how that goes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lightning Thief.