Evil Twin One (Ange)'s Reviews > Seize the Night

Seize the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

** spoiler alert ** I think this was by far the most emotional book in the series I've read so far. There were parts where it felt like I was punched in the gut or had my heart ripped out. So many people died in this one and there was so much pain. I was a wreck. Tia, then Nick's mom. Then Nick killing himself to become a Dark-Hunter to avenge his mom. And for once Artemis did the right thing and helped someone. Granted she probably did it more for fear of Ash than it being the right thing to do but still she did it and I didn't hate her as much for it. I was a mess. I don't think I stopped crying from the moment they found Tia's body until after Ash brought Amanda and Kyrian back to life and went back to talk to Artemis. Finding Kyrian and Amanda dead is what did me in. I was upset with Tia, Nick and Nick's mom, but those two pushed me over the edge. The tears wouldn't stop falling. I may have even cried harder after Ash brought them back to life. It's a shame Ulric didn't stand a chance thanks to Desiderious but he had to die to get rid of the evil who would have stopped at nothing until they were all dead.

There were some pretty funny parts too. Tabitha's comeback were pretty hilarious. So were Valerious' reactions to things Tabitha made him do, like eat Oysters at her favorite place. It was good to see Vane and Bride there too. Tabitha and Val, just like all the couples in the previous books are perfect for each other. She finally got him to loosen up a little and he is no longer hated by everyone. Kyrian actually grew up and was willing to let the past go, as hard as it may be. But the most surprising one was Zarek. He finally accepted Val as his brother and wanted to start over with him. He even made him a god so that he could be with Tabby for all of eternity.

Can't wait to read on. I really want to get to Ash's story. Also want to see what becomes of Stryker and Appolymi. Their plans failed this time, thanks to Ash, but will that stop them? Will Marissa ever be truly safe, even with Immortal parents and a god for a godfather?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seize the Night.

Quotes Evil Twin One (Ange) Liked

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Relax. You're in good hands. Tabby wont hurt you.

She stabbed me!

Damn! I told her not to stab any more Hunters. I hate it when she does that.”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Laugh it up, asshole. But she who laughs last laughs longest, and I intend to belly roll tonight ~Tabitha”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“What? It's not my fault I stab all the fanged people. They shouldn't look like Daimons. (Tabitha)
I didn't look like a Daimon, but you stabbed me. (Valerius)
Yeah, well, you looked like a lawyer so I had to kill you. It was a moral imperative. (Tabitha)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Where are you anyway? (Acheron)
I don't know. I hear some godawful kind of music from outside, horns blaring, and I'm in a house with a Mohawk cuckoo bird, a transvestite, and a knife-wielding lunatic. (Valerius)
Why are you at Tabitha's? (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon
“Just how many sisters do you have? (Valerius)
Eight. (Tabitha)
Eight? (Valerius)
What? (Tabitha)
I'm just pitying whatever poor males lived in that house with all of you. It must have been truly frightening at least one week out of every month. (Valerius)
Was that a joke? (Tabitha)
Merely a frightening statement of fact. (Valerius)”