Amanda Tripple's Reviews > Tiger's Quest

Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck

Feb 27, 10

Read in February, 2010

Great follow up book can't wait for the third book. I do have to set aside my experience with tigers at times and remember these books are fantasy. Tigers do not purr and there are no black tigers. However it is accurate that a white tiger would be from India. The Bengal tiger is the only species of tiger that carries the recessive gene to have a white tiger and Bengal tigers can only be found in India. But I kind of wish the author did not use a white tiger because it only promotes the fascination with the white tiger in captivity. Unfortunately backyard breeders are inbreeding to avoid the costs of DNA testing to find that recessive gene. So many deformed cubs are born and contribute to the growing problem of overpopulation. If they are not white or perfectly formed they are sold to roadside zoo, other backyard breeders, canned hunts and the worst is for personnel pets. Having worked in a sanctuary I have seen these tigers and the scars physical and mental and its heart wrenching. Do not get me wrong I do enjoy your books but have seen the ugly side of exotic animal breeding and the obsession to get that white tiger.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tiger's Quest.