Jennifer's Reviews > Touching Spirit Bear

Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen

F_50x66
Mar 04, 10

Read from February 27 to March 04, 2010

I do not normally pick up a book like this. It was disturbing with how much anger Cole had and how he dealt with it at the beginning. I have not had much contact with junvielle deliquents and this type of anger. I am glad their are real people in this world who are like Garvey and Edwin and they try to make the world a better place because of mistakes they themselves made.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touching Spirit Bear.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kimberly I'm glad you seemed to like it, though. My students really like this book, because either they have anger or troubles or know a kid that has anger/troubles. I liked how it let us have a glimpse into what Cole was thinking/feeling. My students told me there is a sequel, but I haven't checked into that yet.

Jennifer I really liked how it let you in on Cole's thoughts and feelings too. Anger is a real problem that we all struggle with to a certain degree. What grade do you teach? I am glad to know there is a sequel.

Kimberly I teach 6th graders, so you can see why they like it. I don't think I would use it with students younger than 6th grade. The sequel is called, Ghost of Spirit Bear. I just asked my students. :)

Jennifer My son is in 6th grade. I thought about him while I read it. Wondering if he could handle it. I like that it portrays a consequence for Cole's actions. The cover of the book freaked out my 8th grade daughter. :) But she is super sensitive to what she reads,sees and watches.
Thanks for the info. I will see if our library has that book.