Amydeanne's Reviews > Miss Match

Miss Match by Erynn Mangum

Feb 27, 2010

Read in January, 2010

Miss Match is quite hilarious. I like a good story about romantic mischief and coffee… and chocolate… a definite winner in my books! lol Miss Match is a bit of a coming of age as you watch Laren mature from a goofy girl to a little more mature goofy girl – realizing that when love happens it happens, even to her! As a Christian girl the attitude and the vocabulary was very much like I remember lol. She was easy to relate to and loveable. Quotes of famous books are thrown in there, like the Princess Bride had me rolling not to mention some Pride and Prejudice… and worst part about it is that I remember doing that with the “English accent” as well.

I enjoyed the book a lot. Nevermind an Elvis marathon, I read this book in one sitting! I couldn’t help but wonder if she was going to decide she loved Ryan or not, or if Brandon was going to change her mind and say he loved her more than “like a sister” — than would Brandon marry someone else? Or.. or .. or… would she stop eating all the chocolate? lol. The book was nice and clean, provides some biblical references and asks questions that are more deep than I expected. I was nicely surprised by some of that! I would easily let any girl 12+ read this book!

I have to admit the story is a bit awkward in a few spots; like she’s trying to hard and the text doesn’t quite flow, but it picks up and there is enough of a good story that I could easily get past it and keep reading. Take in mind that Miss Match is Erynn’s first novel at the age of 23 herself (the same as her main character), and the few faux pas I found were easily forgiveable.

I can see Erynn’s book only getting better and better as she grows as a writer! I’m looking forward to seeing her name on a few more books! I noticed she has a fourth book coming out in a new series called Cool Beans, so I’m curious to see her growth!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Match.