Sharon 's Reviews > The Vampire Queen's Servant

The Vampire Queen's Servant by Joey W. Hill

May 19, 11

bookshelves: favorites, nook, dirtysexysick, bd-sm, erotica, paranormal-romance, vamps
Read from May 15 to 18, 2011

Can somebody please kick me?? I've had this book on my Nook for over a year with the thought "I really want to read this." but kept putting it off for some reason or another. WHY in the blazes did I wait so long?!?!?!?

All I can say is wow! I know that sounds simple but I just don't have another word for it. I was completely swept away into the world that Joey Hill has made. My head is still spinning from this dark and beautiful story about Jacob and Lyssa.

Without revealing too much, this book is about their souls finding each other in a way that destiny sees fit. Jacob's desire to become Lyssa's servant is overwhelming. He makes Lyssa feel torn in her feelings towards servitude/love. Regardless of love, he still longs to be her anything and everything- often forgetting his true place as a servant. His character is very likeable, he's rugged and handsome with wit and charm that pushes Lyssa's heart in ways that she feels she's lost. They're both alphas in nature and the beauty of the story is watching their struggles, both inner and outer, unravel in such a seamless way.

The writing just flows so beautifully, so effortlessly. I was completely in awe of Jacob and Alyssa's dynamic relationship. I cannot wait for the continuation in book 2!

*edit* I wanted to add- that when Jacob's Irish accent starts to come through, I think I might just melt into a puddle. That.is.all. LOL

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Queen's Servant.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer Glad you loved it! I kicked myself too for not reading them sooner. I feel she's such a gifted writer, able to lift erotic romance up to a level I've not read before. They're not everyone obviously, but I think the BDSM is the best I've read even if it's more on the violent side.

Sharon It is very dark and violent, but in such a beautiful way. It's def. not for everyone that's for sure. I'm on the 2nd book now and am still in awe of their relationship. I've already posted that the prologue in book 2 is probably the best prologue I've ever read. It's simply amazing.

Gladys  (glad4twilight) that. is. all.!!

Renee (Reneem1) just finished!! Loved it