Lawral's Reviews > It All Changed in an Instant: More Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure

It All Changed in an Instant by Larry Smith

Jul 23, 14

bookshelves: arc, read-but-unowned

Like the other six-word memoir books this book will keep you highly entertained for a few hours, if you go at it all at once, or for weeks if you have the self-control to spread out the fun. The list of celebrity contributors is much longer in this book than the first and includes Isabelle Allende, Tony Kushner, Alison Bechdel, Junot Diaz and other well-known authors. Bob Barker (My life story --- spay or neuter.), Neil Patrick Harris (Barney...Doogie...! Average names elude me.), and other mainstream stars' submissions also appear.*

"It all changed in an instant" boasts of more artwork than previous books in the series, and the back matter also includes longer stories that expound on or explain some of some of the six-word memoirs throughout the book. Once again, though, the real soul of this book is the stories from people you will never know.

Made weird children -- will die proud. (27)
Michael Stipe mumbled my formative years. (57)
Little me would've liked be me. (84)
And because there is always one that hits too close to home:
My cat is an ungrateful brat. (108)

Book source: review copy provided by publisher
*All page numbers and quotes taken from an advanced uncorrected proof and may not match the published copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It All Changed in an Instant.