Richard's Reviews > Confessions of an Economic Hit Man

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins

Aug 29, 10

bookshelves: crime, history
Read from August 20 to 29, 2010

Mr. Perkins has written a chronology of his working life and a detailed description of the sinister policies of companies and governments that have international and personal effects on all of us.

Essentially, Mr. Perkins was recruited into, what President Eisenhower called the "Military Industrial Complex". Mr. Perkins has renamed it the "corporatocracy". Both terms are appropriate because the companies change, the governments remain corruptable, banks become wealthier and the Empire marches on.

In the end all good (and evil) things must end and Mr. Perkins comes to this conclusion with this book. Calling the system(s) "ultimately self-destructive", Mr. Perkins, I feel, is correct. Although, the companies, governments and banks who are intimately involved with their manipulations, would violently argue the contrary.

The story of Mr. Perkins reminds me of the movie "The Adventurers" written in book form by Harold Robins and produced in movie form in the 1960's.

Basically, an excellent book that delivers insights that you have had in the past, which Mr. 'Juanito' Perkins puts into word that could very possibly change your view of the world and your own government.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.

08/26/2010 page 190
76.0% "One of the most enlightening books that I have ever read."