Noemi claudine's Reviews > Pieces of Georgia

Pieces of Georgia by Jennifer Fisher Bryant

F_50x66
Jun 10, 10

bookshelves: grade-8-ir-books-christopher

This book is about a girl who lives in a trailer home with here dad and her mother died. Her mom died and hr dad never ever wants to talk about her. She is always trying o find out more about her life. she has a couple of friends but she is really different than anyone in school. Her best friend and her got in a fight and she has almost no one. But then for her 13th birthday she gets a gift to a free membership and an art museum. It changes her life completely.

I can connect this book to Murphy in the series Peaches. Even though murphy is more popular and she is older They have smilliar story. For one they booth life in a trailer. They also only have one parent. She has a dad and she Murphy doesn't know who her dad is. There stories are similar because they both feel the same way of not having 2 parents. thy feel sad and angry and just want to live a normal life.

Pieces of Georgia was a really really good book! I rated it 5 stars. I think the book was good because it was real. It wasn't about rich teenage girls that have everything its about a girl who deals with a lot of difficult problem in her life and has to overcome them. I thought it was a good mix of serious and funny and I would definitely read a book by the same author. I also liked it because it was written in her point of view not a narrator. I would recommend this book to ANYONE!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pieces of Georgia.