Jess's Reviews > Saving CeeCee Honeycutt

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman

May 26, 10

bookshelves: chicklit, favorites, fiction
Read from May 19 to 26, 2010, read count: 1

CeeCee Honeycutt has easily become my favorite book of the summer, thus far. It is packed full of my favorite things--a charming southern atmosphere, a coming-of-age narrator, strong female characters, sweet summertime, hilarious and eccentric adventures, and wisdom for all ages.

I wish my words could do this book the justice it more than deserves. However, my few meager words here will have to suffice. This book is a prime example of southern fiction and goes to show just why I love it so much--from its down-home, cozy feel to its sweet joy at the simple things in life.

CeeCee has not had an easy life and my heart first continuously broke for her and then soared as I followed her through her adventures in Savannah, Georgia. This is a feel-good story that left me, for one, with a big, dopey grin on my face. This is one that I need to get for my own shelves! Highly recommended for fans of The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd or Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving CeeCee Honeycutt.

05/20/2010 page 11
3.59% "Ooh, I think I'm going to love love love this! :)" 1 comment
05/22/2010 page 57
18.63% "It's unbelievable how much I've felt reading this so far, and I'm only 60 pages in! CeeCee is very quickly becoming one of my favorites!"
05/23/2010 page 116
37.91% "I love this so much! I want an Aunt Tootie!"
05/24/2010 page 149
48.69% "Such a good book, and it's especially lovely getting to dig into this while at my gramma's."
05/24/2010 page 198
64.71% "Every time I open up this book, I get absolutely absorbed into CeeCee's world."
05/25/2010 page 253
82.68% "I don't want this to end!"