Jasmin's Reviews > Devil in Winter

Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas

Oct 07, 10

bookshelves: aar-top-100-list, fiction, five-stars, historical-fiction, historical-romance, reviewed-by-me, romance, humor, favorites
Recommended for: Romance fanatics
Read from October 02 to 03, 2010

”The night is just beginning. And I am going to love you for a long time.” -Sebastian St. Vincent to Evangeline Jenner

“My Kleypas experience is just beginning. And I am going to love you for a long time.” - Jasmin to Lisa Kleypas

Devil in Winter, third book of the Wallflower series, is everything I have dreamed of plus so much more. Lisa Kleypas made me fall in love with a conscienceless, dangerous and incorrigible rake, named Sebastian St. Vincent. In the previous book, It Happened One Autumn, I’ve hated St. Vincent so much that I wanted to pluck his eyes out. He was morally corrupt, that I thought there was no way of rescuing him. But I was wrong. Evangeline Jenner, of all the wallflowers, the girl who couldn’t even utter a sentence without stuttering, managed to do it. She managed to give salvation to St. Vincent’s corrupted soul.

What more could I add that hasn't been said yet? The love story is so beautiful that a number of adjectives still wouldn't give it justice. And the friendship between the wallflowers is astounding.

But if there's one thing this book taught me, it's that reformed rakes make the best of husbands.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil in Winter.

Quotes Jasmin Liked

Lisa Kleypas
“I want to fill every part of you, breathe the air from your lungs and leave my handprints on your soul. I want to give you more pleasure than you can bear.”
Lisa Kleypas, Devil in Winter

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ronyell Awesome Review Jasmin! I just recently picked up Again The Magic and I hope to read it soon!

Jasmin OMG! Again the Magic is a such a pageturner, I suggest you read it when you got plenty of time on your hands.

Thanks, BTW :)

message 3: by Nissie (new)

Nissie Great review,Jasmin! I'm currently working on getting this series so I can read them all in order. Sounds like they would make for good winter reads. All snuggled up in a blanket with hot chocolate! :)

Ronyell You're welcome Jasmin!! I'm definitely going to read Again the Magic!!!

Jasmin @ate Nissie, winter is coming. You have to get them. Start with Again the Magic :)

@Ronyell, enjoY! I definitely loved that book :)

Ronyell Thanks Jasmin!!

Joselito Honestly and Brilliantly In fiction, rakes are always handsome. Rakes who are not handsome are just plain ugly men. Or criminals.

Jasmin Nice point. But I've read a book where the rake in question is ugly, but he was a duke, so I guess his looks doesn't matter.

But yes, in today's standards, they wouldn't be considered rakes. In my terms, I would call them mukhang durugista XD