Jenni's Reviews > Pygmy

Pygmy by Chuck Palahniuk

Feb 26, 10

Read in February, 2010

I really enjoyed this book. It was hard to get into at first. The writing style is very different. I found if I just relaxed, I could "flow with the book". I've read some other reviews on Amazon before I purchased this book and a lot of people didn't like it. But I think this is one of his better books and will probably turn into a pretty big cult classic. I liked it as much as "Survivor" and "Invisible Monsters". But beware this book is not for the person who likes to be offended. What do I mean by that? Sodomy, Sex Toys, and Hitler quotes. After the beginning rape scene with the perpatrator as the main character, Pygmy, I almost put the book down and thought, 'this is bullshit'. But I kept reading and I'm really glad I did. My mindset changed with the character only backwards.

I finished the book last night and this morning I keep saying in my head, "Could be" before crazy ideas, and it is very amusing (to me). Any book that has you thinking about it the next day gets a solid 5 star from me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pygmy.