Sally's Reviews > The Last Little Blue Envelope

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

Apr 25, 2012

bookshelves: holland, paris, france, ya, travel, ireland, london, boy-meets-girl, e-read
Read from April 21 to 25, 2012 , read count: 1

At last, the sequel to 13 Little Blue Envelopes! Well, it's been out a while but AT LAST I read it :D And I really loved it. I still adore the way Maureen Johnson writes and got pretty close to giving this five stars. It's a solid 4 1/2, though.

I love the way that the last envelope took up a whole book on its own. I loved the travels and the story... I just didn't like the way it started. (view spoiler)

I really enjoyed the character development, and how you start off HATING Oliver but then by the time Keith pulls that trick with the snow, you actually feel sorry for Oliver and want to call Keith a douche. I cared much less for Ginny going from hating Oliver to kissing him, but what can you do.

One of my favourite parts was when Oliver recited the first like four chapters of Harry Potter in an Amsterdam cafe and when these stoned guys asked how he could DO that, he told them he was Dumbledore. OMG laughed so hard :D I also enjoyed the animosity between him and Keith at first, before Keith started to just go too far. That was a neat trick there from MJ though.

Gorgeous ending as well. And I loved how they went to fewer places here, so you got to spend more time in each :D Especially because yay, Amsterdam!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Little Blue Envelope.