laninaki's Reviews > Royal Flush

Royal Flush by Rhys Bowen

Feb 28, 10

bookshelves: 2010, historical-fiction, somebody-s-dead
Read from February 25 to 27, 2010

** spoiler alert ** I liked the first two books in this series, but this was just more of the same. I was hoping Georgiana would stop being, well, Georgiana. How is she supposed to find "the bad guy" when she's always determined to take people at face value, in spite of several lessons in why this is dumb? She's not much of a detective....she usually finds said "bad guy" by complete accident. In this third installment, there was too much backstory, and aimless wandering. It'd be nice if Bowen would throw Georgie a friggin' bone and give her decent leads/clues earlier in each novel. OR maybe just the brain power to do more with the clues she's given.

And another source of irritation: Georgie's relationship with Darcy. It's gone from interesting to super frustrating. How hard is it to divulge a few more details about this guy, apart from his handsome appearance? Can we see a little more development in that arena? For the love....they've had three books to get this show on the road (and no, I don't mean them doing the deed). What's taking so long?
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Royal Flush.