Jennifer's Reviews > What Came Before He Shot Her

What Came Before He Shot Her by Elizabeth  George

Apr 27, 07

Read in March, 2007

Let me start by saying that I am a loyal fan of Elizabeth George. I started reading her mysteries in high school, and even had the fantastic opportunity of interviewing her for a high school research paper. I have been to her readings a half-dozen times in a number of different cities. I will read anything she publishes.

This is the second book of hers that I just didn't like. The other one was a collection of short stories called I, Richard. I was completely onboard to love this book. In her last installment of the Lynley series, she killed off a main character, and this latest book was going to go into the killer's mind and background.

Instead of tying up loose ends, George tried to write a social commentary on race and class in London. She also took the opportunity to add a lot of racy scenes into her repertoire. I hated her attempt on every level. The sex scenes were over-the-top unnecessary, and the race/class breakdown dragged on. I had trouble finishing the book, and I *love* this writer.

In the end, not much was revealed, and what was required some tedious research into the minutia of what happened in the previous novel.
14 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Came Before He Shot Her.

Shirley Campbell I agree I didn't get past the 1st couple of chapters