Sheila's Reviews > The Awakening and The Struggle

The Awakening and The Struggle by L.J. Smith

Aug 14, 10

Read from February 25 to August 14, 2010

My progress is excruciatingly slow. I trudge on in absolute martyrdom.. I had such high hopes for this book, but now I come away bitterly disappointed.
TRUE! there are similar themes beween itself and Twilight.. but one cannot compare the way in which these books have been written...Twilight has proven to be, thus far, much more superior.
Here, the main characters have apauling personalities that make it exceedingly difficult to like them or the book.
I'm not even half way through the book yet -ugh!! :[

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Awakening and The Struggle.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sheila I finished the book (that's a big deal) and I'm nearly through with 'the reunion'. I'm bitterly disappointed with the series and I'm only reading them because I wasted my money buying the books. The writing style is shallow and lacks creativity. The books are the epitome of the word 'cliche'... I'll need to read a good book when I'm done just so that I can detox my brain from all the nonsense I've been reading. To be fair it only came a close second to the worst book I've ever read - cough- Evermore- cough