Lenore Webb's Reviews > Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box

Leadership and Self-Deception by Arbinger Institute

Feb 25, 10

bookshelves: self-help
Read in February, 2010

My Dear Hubby said he knew he would marry Mrs. Right one day, but he did not know her first name would be Always. Well, he does say that joking but for a reason. I am very OCD and quite logical. Sorta a logical in a Mr. Spock kinda way. And even though it really helps me stay on track there is a backlash. You see I am a problem solver. Type A personality too! And in doing the things that come natural to me I tend to micro-manage too much. Then, of course, I become overwhelmed.

I am now reading "Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box" (the 2nd edition) and am finding a few answers. Even though I do not work outside of the home nor in management, I find that there is many work principals that we use at home. I like learning how I can stop falling into the same traps and boxes. Where I do not use self-justification to get things done my way. Instead looking to see what truly will be best for the whole of the home. So, maybe? I can learn to be a lil calmer and still be that rational person. And dang it....I like being Mrs. Always Right anyway.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leadership and Self-Deception.