Justine's Reviews > The Conversation: How Black Men and Women Can Build Loving, Trusting Relationships

The Conversation by Hill Harper

Feb 25, 10

Read on February 25, 2010

This book was beyond amazing. It gave an intimate view on the relationships between African American men and women. It talked about all the things that are common within the lives of black people on an everyday basis and the issues that need to be addressed within our communities. Illustrating these issues and presenting resolutions to these problems in the form of a "conversation" is the best way to get through to a group of people. Speaking to them as if they were your close friends, without inhibitions or fear, enables you to actually sit back and think about the things that are going on around you and within your community. I learned so many things that I was not that familiar with in the beginning and the things that I need to take into consideration when pursuing a potential mate as well as keeping things going as smoothly as possible with understanding and communication once and if a relationship is established. "The Conversation" is a must read if you would like some love/relationship advice given to you as if they were things that you talk about on a daily basis. Great read and very insightful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Conversation.