Rhianon's Reviews > Angels' Blood

Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh

Feb 27, 10

bookshelves: urban-dark-fantasy, need-to-reread, paranormal-romance
Read from February 25 to 26, 2010

Takes the age-old, overdone story of vampires and twists it into something new and riveting and fresh.

Definitely managed to hold my attention and keep me reading, guessing, from beginning to end. The characters were beautifully conveyed, the development of their relationship progressive without those inexplicable leaps from one stage to the next.

Plot and world-building are solid, conveyed to the reader as needed to further the story. Without the info-dumping or the eye-glazing that makes a reader think "why is it that I'm supposed to care?"
A well-rounded and solid story-telling, that left me disappointed to have reached the last page.

...The only flaw I found in Singh's story-telling was the weak transition between POV characters. There was rarely any clearly defined delineation; although at times she used a scene shift for demarcation there were a number of instances where Singh shifted viewpoints within a given scene and it created disorientation in the reader's perspective. She has a way of shifting the proximity of her third-person writing style, to a point where the POV character can at times be indeterminate, while at others the reader is so close as to be completely within the individual's mind.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels' Blood.

Jan Lewis, Author Sidekick Woot! I knew you would love it! :D