Nicole's Reviews > Highway to Hell

Highway to Hell by Rosemary Clement-Moore

Jun 05, 11

bookshelves: best_books_ya, young_adult, witchcraft, paranormal, series
Read on February 25, 2010

AWESOME. This one is so up my alley. Definitely had the flavor of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Whedon TV series) at its best. Witty and sarcastic teen dialogue, super pop-cultural references, characters you can really wrap your arms around (and adore)...and supernatural bad-boys to put in their place. Doesn't get any better. And the supernatural elements didn't overtake the story and turn it into a cheap horror/thrill fest - the story was grounded in reality and gave our band of heroes/heroines plenty of room to breathe.

Early in the beginning, I read a paragraph that implied there was some history to this series...and of course I then discovered there were 2 previous entries (which I will shortly be devouring). But not having the previous volumes didn't detract at all from this volume or leave me confused and displaced as can sometimes happen if you jump into the middle of a series. I clearly missed some build-up in character relationships, but enough of the history was explained (smoothy, not awkwardly) that I wasn't out of sorts.

I highly recommend this one, especially for folks who love snappy, fun, sarcastic dialogue galore with a little of the supernatural thrown in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Highway to Hell.