Ramya Prasad's Reviews > Eleven Minutes

Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho

F 50x66
Feb 24, 10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eleven Minutes.

Quotes Ramya Liked

Paulo Coelho
“Passion makes a person stop eating, sleeping, working, feeling at peace. A lot of people are frightened because, when it appears, it demolishes all the old things it finds in its path.

No one wants their life thrown into chaos. That is why a lot of people keep that threat under control, and are somehow capable of sustaining a house or a structure that is already rotten. They are the engineers of the superseded.

Other people think exactly the opposite: they surrender themselves without a second thought, hoping to find in passion the solutions to all their problems. They make the other person responsible for their happiness and blame them for their possible unhappiness. They are either euphoric because something marvelous has happened or depressed because something unexpected has just ruined everything.

Keeping passion at bay or surrendering blindly to it - which of these two attitudes is the least destructive?

I don't know.”

Paulo Coelho
“Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn't have the courage to say "yes" to life?”

Paulo Coelho
“When I had nothing to lose, I had everything. When I stopped being who I am, I found myself.”

Paulo Coelho
“Don't listen to the malicious comments of those friends who, never taking any risks themselves, can only see other people's failures.”