Smokinhotbooks K.C.'s Reviews > Tigers and Devils

Tigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy

Feb 24, 10

bookshelves: m-m

I so blame my instant download on Erotic Romance Reader (Janna) as soon as she tweeted "reading a really cute male male story" kind of like LB Gregg's Gobsmack" - I was sold. One click later and my Kindle had a "new item".
You know when sometimes there is so much Danielle Steel drama (cough Chris Owen’s Bareback) that you just want to hold your hand to your forehead and sigh? Tigers and Devils is not that kind of book and I really liked that. Simon is a regular guy okay an "arty wanker" who loves football (I'm an American so it took all my effort to think American football.) One night at a party he overhears a conversation where a fellow party goer was "sledging" footie Declan Tyler. He interrupts by saying "arrogant prick and great football player all in one sentence. Of course who happens to be behind him...infamous Declan Tyler. Not unusual for Simon to stick his foot in his mouth all he wants to do is die a horribly fast and painful death. As it turns out Declan is also gay and likes Simon for not falling at his feet with hero worship.
Declan isn't out the closet yet and has to keep his relationship with Simon out of the public. Outed later on by a reporter, Simon and Declan decide to go public with their relationship and all the craziness that ensures.
I love that we the readers, get to experience the first blush of entering a new relationship. The excitement of when is he going to call and (gasp) text messaging. If I had to nit pick one wittle thing it would be that the sex scenes are a bit on the light side. Tigers and Devils is a heartwarming read that progresses nicely on how two men handle their relationship, fame, and being a footie player’s boyfriend.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tigers and Devils.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renee (new)

Renee I love this story! Simon has such a great voice in it, and I really like that the book follows him and Declan farther into the relationship than a lot of stories go.

Yeah, it's more "romance" than "erotic romance", but very sweet! :-)

So glad you enjoyed it! :-)

Smokinhotbooks K.C. I feel like devouring more of Sean Kennedy's work.

P.S. I finished Mexican Heat last night too.

message 3: by Renee (new)

Renee Smokinhotbooks wrote: "I feel like devouring more of Sean Kennedy's work.

P.S. I finished Mexican Heat last night too."

I picked up Dash & Dingo (co-written by Sean Kennedy) but haven't read it yet!

Ooh, Mexican Heat! ::fans self:: LOVED IT.

Smokinhotbooks K.C. God when he first "meets" Ortega and they have hot man love on the desk ::pours water over head:: one of the best intro love scenes.