Henry's Reviews > Where the Dog Star Never Glows

Where the Dog Star Never Glows by Tara L. Masih

Feb 24, 2010

bookshelves: fiction, literary
Read from February 24 to June 25, 2010

This anthology was one of the best surprises I got last year. I'd never read much literary fiction before, but I found myself enjoying most, if not all, the stories here. It certainly wet my appetite for more! My top three in this anthology would have to be "The Burnings", "Asylum", and "Delight", although several others come close. Emotionally powerful, this is a highly absorbing and, above all, enjoyable collection. I highly recommend it to readers and other writers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Dog Star Never Glows.

03/16/2010 page 18
03/30/2010 page 31
18.9% "I read three of the stories thus far, and it's turning out to be very, very good."
08/19/2016 marked as: read
show 7 hidden updates…

message 1: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb Anytime you recommend a book, it goes to the near top of my list. I might not get to it right away, but within the next 5 books or so. You always have great taste. So thanks for the recommendation.

And you said I write about couples and relationships well? Really? Cool. I didn't know that about myself.

message 2: by Henry (last edited Apr 13, 2010 10:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Henry Rita wrote: "Anytime you recommend a book, it goes to the near top of my list. I might not get to it right away, but within the next 5 books or so. You always have great taste. So thanks for the recommendation...."

Hey, thank you! I am all kerfluffled. In all seriousness, I am halfway through this anthology, and I think you will like it, both for study and for enjoyment. And you do write about couples and relationships very well, so that's something for you to consider.