Monkey of Doom's Reviews > Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy

Nov 29, 2007

liked it
bookshelves: just-for-fun
Read in November, 2007

This book wasn't as good as it's predecessor, "I'd Tell You I Love You, but then I'd Have to Kill You". Cam went from being a cool spy girl who happened to be interested in a boy, to a confused teenage girl, who happened to be a spy. Most of the book was her trying to deal with Zach, another spy, and then not taking the route I wanted her to, which involved a good beating on Zach's part. My goodness, that guy was annoying! Kinda a non-exsistent plot. Basically just said,"we figured out that you girls, although can speak 32 foriegn languages fluenently, really don't know how to interact with boys." No duh. We knew that from book 1. There better be a 3rd book, with revolations about her deceased father and his buddy Mr. Solomon, or heads will roll.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy.

Sydney I agree. I liked the first one so much that I expected more from its sequel.

Brianna Yeah, I pretty much wanted Cammie to give Zach a beating at first too, but if you reread it then you realize he's totally into her and just so cute.

Emily Hemmer I completely disagree. Being a huge fan of the series I have re-read each book a minimum of four times and, personally the first is dull and Cammie is just so naive.

Nyrene I want to reread the first book whenever I want to start the whole series again. But oftentimes I start with this book because it's where Zach first appears.