Sarai's Reviews > I Know What You Did Last Summer

I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan

Feb 24, 2010

bookshelves: young-adult-fiction
Read in January, 1987

from Amazon: By tvtv3 "tvtv3"
I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER is a story about a group of four high school students who are involved in a hit and run accident which ends up killing a young boy. Speeding down the road late at night after hours of partying, the group strikes a young boy on his bicycle. Instead of stopping to help, the group drives to the nearest phone and makes an anonymous phone call to the police to report the accident. The group makes a pact not to tell what happened. The event causes the breakdown of fellowship between the four friends and they go their separate ways. About a year later, one of the girls receives an anonymous note that reads "I Know What You Did Last Summer." Horrified, she gets in touch with the other members of the pact and the chase is on. One thing leads to another and before they know it, they're trying to outsmart a killer. If you've seen the movie, don't be expecting any graphic violence here or a man with a hook. Instead, this story revolves itself around lessons of honesty, revenge, and the dangers of living a lie. The characters are realistic and easy to relate to. Girls will probably enjoy this book much more than guys because of the romantic elements involved, but it has enough who-dunnit to appeal to males, too.

This was one of my favorite YA books. Lots of suspense and interesting characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Know What You Did Last Summer.