Christy B's Reviews > The Viscount Who Loved Me

1204629
Feb 26, 10

bookshelves: fiction, regency, historical-romance
Read from February 24 to 25, 2010

My reading plans have been awesomely interrupted by Julia Quinn's Bridgertons series.

In The Viscount Who Loved Me, book two in the Bridgertons series, we are thrown into the world of the oldest Bridgerton: Anthony. I thought I may be disinterested in this book because Anthony annoyed me a bit in the first book, but I wasn't disinterested in the least! Anthony was a misunderstood young man, haunted by the death of his father 12 years earlier.

Kate Sheffield knows Anthony Bridgerton is a rake and rogue, anyone who read Lady Whistledown's Society Papers knows that! She and the eldest Bridgerton often find themselves bumping heads because Kate discovers that he has targeted Kate's youngest sister Edwina as his future wife. However, Edwina will marry nobody that her eldest sister does not approve of and Kate most definitely does not like the Viscount.

But, of course, the views that Kate and Anthony have for each other starts to change and Kate finds that she can no longer disprove of him for her sister, but her heart aches. She kind of wants him for herself!

I love this pair of hero and heroine. They are both haunted by events from their past, and together they overcome them. As I've come to expect, the banter in the Bridgerton books are hilarious and delightful. And the heroine is a strong, no nonsense gal. I love this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Viscount Who Loved Me.

02/25/2010 page 352