Erica (daydreamer)'s Reviews > Tempestuous

Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston

** spoiler alert ** Actual rating 2.5

Tempestuous, just wasn’t what I was expecting. I was left with such a bitter cliffhanger after Darklight, and was anxious for this book, but it fell flat. I was ready for some heartbreaking moments between Sonny and Kelley, fighting, tears, passionate love as they confessed their undying love to each other. But there wasn’t. There was some love, they did kiss, but I didn’t really feel it. And their reunion and trust in each other happened too suddenly. Kelley had just said that she didn’t love Sonny, and he left heartbroken. Though it was a lie. But he didn’t know that. And when they finally see each other again, they fall straight into each other’s arms, and start kissing. No questions first, no anger, no pain. Just all of sudden together where they both wanted, and this lie still hanging in front of them. And they were rarely together in the book. They were together for all of five to ten minutes through the whole book. Like three little scenes that were not nearly enough time to work through these problems, and for Sonny to understand why Kelley said what she said.

The whole book was rather anticlimactic and boring. There were battles and such, but they just didn’t grab me. I felt disinterested. I didn’t really like Kelley here. The first two books I did, but in Tempestuous she made some decisions that weren’t right. Like Fenn! What the crap? She loves Sonny, but she kisses Fenn as a farewell. IN FRONT of Sonny, no less! Does she think that’s okay? To kiss any guy who loves her, who she kind of likes, just because she can? Does Sonny mean nothing to her? Are his kisses really not that meaningful, that she has to kiss someone else? Sonny doesn’t need to know that this wasn't the first time she kissed him. Seriously? Do you not love him enough to not keep secrets from him? To let him believe that he’s the only one you love, the only one you’ve kissed and want to kiss? I just think that that whole side love triangle thing was a waste of time and space, and did nothing for the story.

I didn't hate Tempestuous, I just didn't love it. I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn’t. I still like her first two books, and am excited to read her future books, but I just couldn’t connect with Tempestuous.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempestuous.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (daydreamer) (last edited Feb 01, 2011 10:47AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erica (daydreamer) I amend my mistake. Sonny knew she kissed him at the end, he was standing right there! I was just speed reading, my mind wasn't truly with the story. But as I went back I realized just how stupid Kelley is! Who kisses someone in front of the one who loves them, and who they supposedly love back? That's just not right. And Sonny didn't seemed fazed at all that he just saw his love kiss Fenn.

message 2: by Kelli (new) - added it

Kelli (I'd So Rather Be Reading) So, I'm about halfway through this book and I'm considering stopping. Will you tell me how it ends? I want to know but just don't want to spend any more time on this slooooow, boring read!

message 3: by Erica (daydreamer) (last edited Feb 05, 2011 09:40AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erica (daydreamer) @ Kelli- I know how you feel. But most times when I'm reading a book that is boring, I force myself to finish it, to say that I finished it and to find out how I really felt about the whole book. I hate spoiling endings, but it ends alright. I mean, they end up together, I just thought it could have been better, and perhpas longer. If you didn't really enjoy the first two books, maybe it wouldn't be worth finishing this last book.

Steph Sinclair Good review. I felt the same way! I think Darklight was the best in the series and bc of that I was really excited to read it. But I had to push myself to finish. And at time I felt like the romance between Kelley and Sonny was corny. I'm just sad I didn't love it.

Erica (daydreamer) Thank you Stephanie. I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. I really enjoyed the first two books, but this one was just dissapointing.