EJ's Reviews > Visual Poetry: A Creative Guide for Making Engaging Digital Photographs

Visual Poetry by Chris Orwig

Feb 24, 10

bookshelves: art, photography
Read in November, 2009

Chris Orwig drew me in with his images but kept me reading with his words and obvious love of literature. Through out the book, Visual Poetry Chris Orwig compares the creative process of photography to the creative process of writing. The pages are litered with quotes from famous photographers and writers alike.

Along with Orwig's advice there are guest speakers through out the book. Photographers famous for their style and work lend their guidence and experience for the reader. I respect artists that feature other artists in their book; it shows a gracious and open attitude.

The topics in this book are as follows:
Poetry and Photography
Action and Outdoors
Found Objects and Subjects
Camera Gear
The Path to Becoming Professional

Visual Poetry was able to do one thing that most photography books have not been able to...inspire me. Not just once but continually. I constantly find myself coming back to the workshops at the end of the chapters for a refresher or just an excuse to take my camera out.

I would highly recommend this book to amateurs, and students or the professional who feels burnt out. This will refresh or motivate anyone passionate about photography.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Visual Poetry.