Erin Ashley's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: magic, re-reading, childhood, favorites
Read from January 30 to February 03, 2011

So, I am re-reading the entire Harry Potter series again and that means they now can get the full review that they deserve. I found myself falling in love with this book again.

I never really realised how much I had missed reading the first book in an amazing series. I still remember when I first started reading it and I know I fell in love then too. Only now can I really and truly appreciate its magic in all its forms after I have read it again for I think the 7th time now. My mindset is a lot stronger and I know now how much these books and the characters in them still mean to me after so many years.

I loved how much Harry stood strong in a family who didn't love him or care for him. He was tossed aside and he stood his ground and lived life the only way he had ever known. A lot of children these days would be taking another route and ending it completely, I love how Harry didn't even contemplate such silly notions and kept strong through every little thing that tried to destroy him in life. I truly adore how much love he has to give and how generous and brave he is. Sharing sweets with Ron on the Hogwarts Express, saving Hermione from a troll, standing up for Neville and knowing who he should befriend and who is no friend of his at all.

Harry Potter for me will always be known as someone who had so much love to give and never stopped giving it. I don't have any bad points at all, and I normally find something to complain about, but with this book, there is nothing. I found myself smiling at random points during this book and when I realised I was doing it it only made my smile bigger.

This book begins something truly special for me, it symbolises my childhood, showing me how much love and bravery are some of the most important values to hold and to never give up no matter what. I can't wait until I decide to re-read this again another day, I honestly look forward to it :) Everyone should read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

Quotes Erin Ashley Liked

J.K. Rowling
“To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone