Jana's Reviews > Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg

2069403
Feb 23, 2010

Read in January, 2010

This is the first cook book that I have reviewed, but after tasting the bread, I felt I needed to share this gem. This book has you mix up a simple dough (no kneading), then store it in the fridge. You can cut off pieces for loaves when you are in the mood for fresh bread. Yesterday, I cut of a piece of dough that I had made the day before. Then, it only had to rise for 20 minutes. We had fresh bread in less than an hour of getting the dough out of the fridge. It was amazing bread! We all loved it. It is the type of bread with the crispy crust on the outside, and soft yumminess on the inside. There are a lot of recipes in there that I will probably never make because the ingredients are too fancy. But, for the main Broule recipe, I give it four stars. I would highly recommend this method.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.

message 1: by Kandace (new)

Kandace I love this bread too. I actually just got the Healthy Bread in Five Minutes book--the main recipe uses wheat flour. There are a lot of recipes that I won't use either, but several good, EASY ones that I can't wait to start making.

Jana I checked this book out from the library. I was planning on checking out the Healthy bread in 5 minutes next. I hope the healthy stuff is as good as this was :)