Sarai's Reviews > Rampant

Rampant by Diana Peterfreund

Feb 12, 13

bookshelves: young-adult-fiction, fantasy
Read in February, 2010

I did not finish this book. I just couldn't get into it. Unicorns as bloodthirsty bad guys. I don't like reading stories where animals get hurt, and I don't care if they are fantasy animals. One character threw a unicorn out the window and the heroine was going to be trained in how to kill unicorns like her great ancestor did. Just not my cup of tea.

Release date: August 25, 2009

Forget everything you ever knew about unicorns . . .

Real unicorns are venomous, man-eating monsters with huge fangs and razor-sharp horns. Fortunately, they've been extinct for a hundred and fifty years.

Or not.

Astrid had always scoffed at her eccentric mother's stories about killer unicorns. But when one of the monsters attacks her boyfriend—thereby ruining any chance of him taking her to the prom—Astrid finds herself headed to Rome to train as a unicorn hunter at the ancient cloisters the hunters have used for centuries.

However, at the cloisters all is not what it seems. Outside, the unicorns wait to attack. And within, Astrid faces other, unexpected threats: from the crumbling, bone-covered walls that vibrate with a terrible power to the hidden agendas of her fellow hunters to—perhaps most dangerously of all—her growing attraction to a handsome art student . . . an attraction that could jeopardize everything.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rampant.