Michael Cable's Reviews > Don't Know Much about History: Everything You Need to Know about American History But Never Learned

Don't Know Much about History by Kenneth C. Davis

Feb 22, 10

bookshelves: in-my-library

It is astonishing the amount of information that is omitted in text books about American History. Even today, as a teacher of adult basic education, the reality of the stories we grew up with and continue to teach is shocking. I am a student of history, both academically and as a continuing hobby, and I like to give the general population the benefit of the doubt concerning their ability to handle the truth about our past as Americans. It does not detract one iota from the great service FDR provided us all during our darkest hours that he had a long standing intimate relationship with a woman other than Eleanor. Men are dogs, and often immoral and despicable, but they can also be brilliant, selfless and heroic. In reality, the two groups of characteristics needn't be mutually exclusive. Read this and grow up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Know Much about History.