Gency's Reviews > Blood Is Thicker

Gency Claudio
February 22, 2010
8th Period
English II

The authors of Blood is Thicker are Paul Langan and D.M Blackwell. The message that the author is trying to communicate with us is that family should be our first priority. In this story Savon, who is Hakeem’s, cousin has a bad temper and he doesn’t like the idea that he has to share his bedroom with Hakeem. This story is a drama about two cousins who don’t get along with each other.
The story takes place in Detroit, Michigan. The authors write the story in serious tone and in a realistic form .Savon grew up in the city and speaks slang. Hakeem grew up in California so he doesn’t speak like Savon. Because of there differences they have trouble communicating. Teenagers can understand this story because some of them might relate to it. This book is easy to read and understand. The authors direct this story to teenagers. The age group for this book is teenagers.
When I was reading this book I felt good because it was very easy to understand. I can connect with this book because I’m a teenager and it caught my attention. The main character Hakeem is a high school student and he had to leave his school and move to Detroit with his cousin Savon had to go through the same thing when I had to leave my old school and come to Dallastown High School. This book is 10 out of 10 for me because I just enjoy this book I can read it all and over again. I would absolutely recommend this for teenagers to read because some of us are going through these situations in our lives.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Is Thicker.