Marion Katrina's Reviews > A Million Little Pieces

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Little Pieces.

Quotes Marion Liked

James Frey
“Sometimes skulls are thick. Sometimes hearts are vacant. Sometimes words don't work. ”

James Frey
“Be strong. Live honorably and with dignity. When you don't think you can, hold on.”

James Frey
“There are no words and there is no singing, but the music has a voice. It is an old voice and a deep voice, like the stump of a sweet cigar or a shoe with a hole. It is a voice that has lived and lives, with sorrow and shame, ecstasy and bliss, joy and pain, redemption and damnation. It is a voice with love and without love. I like the voice, and though I can't talk to it, I like the way it talks to me. It says it is all the same, Young Man. Take it and let it be.”
tags: music

James Frey
“There is emotion in the hug, and there is respect and a form of love. Emotion that comes from honesty, respect that comes from challenge, and the form of love that exists between people whose minds have touched, whose hearts have touched, whose souls have touched. Our minds touched. Our hearts touched. Our souls touched.
We separate.”