Suzanne's Reviews > Doctor Who: The Pirate Loop

Doctor Who by Simon Guerrier

Mar 03, 10

Read from February 22 to March 03, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doctor Who.

message 1: by Brandi (new)

Brandi If one would like to begin reading Dr. Who, which book would one choose?

Suzanne Have you watched all the seasons? I can suggest some of the ones I liked, or you can look through the books I've read, I really liked them all. I enjoyed the Torchwood books too!

message 3: by Brandi (new)

Brandi Suzanne wrote: "Have you watched all the seasons? I can suggest some of the ones I liked, or you can look through the books I've read, I really liked them all. I enjoyed the Torchwood books too!"

I am a Dr. Who beginner! I have no idea where to start at all. Should I watch the show first? Which one? Aren't there lots?

Suzanne The show has been on since 1963, it's the longest running sci-fi show in history! BUT they "re-launched" it in 2005/6 so start with that season. They call it season 1. Here's the amazon link, you can also ILL it, we have a copy we can send from Ouachita, or your ppl may have a copy because someone there likes Doctor Who (I've seen your catalog). http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Comp... As far as the books go there are books written for each season, but the books aren't based on actual episodes, they stand alone. So once you start watching the seasons you can start reading the books from that season...here's annother link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_Hum... this is for a book from the 1st season that we have multiple copies of (I used it for a book club). You can read this one after you "meet" Jack in about episode 3 or 4. LOL, talk about a Doctor Who ramble. Need any more info?