Ms. Nikki's Reviews > Bareback

Bareback by Chris Owen

Jun 15, 10

Read in December, 2009

HELLO!!!!!! This is the most powerfully written, extraordinary, Man on Man, Gay, Erotic, Romantic, Angst filled, Cowboy lovin', book I have read. I mean, if you are really a reader, this book will grab you, hold you, whisper its secret to you. I have read this book twice. The characters are real and that's all any reader wants. A real book, with real characters, real personalities, real problems, and a writer with a real feel for the written word.

*Spoiler* There was an episode of cheating, but in a break your heart, angsty, wanna kick his ass, oh my goodness, WTF are you doing, you love that guy, kinda way. It helps make the story go where it needs to go to make it great,

I loved this book!

Update: 2013 This is STILL the BEST Cowboy Lovin' Book EVA!
30 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bareback.

Tory Hi Nikki
Thank you for encouraging me to read Bareback.
Half way though I remembered why I hadn’t picked it before. The Cheating – normally I stay away from books where someone cheats on a committed relationship. However, by the time I got there I already loved both characters & was routing for them to work it out.
Like it so much I have moved on to more of Chris Owen’s books
Tory

Ms. Nikki I am really glad you liked it! Let me know if you read anything that comes close to this read :)

Ms. Nikki Kimberly wrote: "Hi Nikki,
I really loved this book also. The first part of it caught my interest. The second part made it a keeper. This story continues after the happily ever after and the reality of a relationsh..."

Glad you liked it! For me, it was just "REAL".

Lily I loved this book. It's one of my all time favorites.

Ms. Nikki Lily wrote: "I loved this book. It's one of my all time favorites."

Me too (smiling hugely)!!!

Ms. Nikki See, now I want to go read it again!

Renee (ren213) Wow, Nikki. That's some review! I'm loading it on to my kindle as we speak!

Ms. Nikki I'm jealous! I wish I could have the experience of reading it again for the first time *drool*. Don't get me wrong, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th times are good too!
*Spoiler* there was an episode of cheating, but in a break your heart, angsty, wanna kick his ass, oh my goodness, WTF are you doing, you love that guy, kinda way. It helps make the story go where it needs to go to make it great.
I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did~

Renee (ren213) Great rec Nikki! Made me cry and everything, dammit!! :D

I'm moving on to the next one in the series now.

Ms. Nikki Thank you, Renee! I cried too!!! (don't tell anybody);) I'm glad you "felt it"~

message 11: by Vio (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vio Beautifully said Nikki and exactly how I felt too!

Ms. Nikki Why, thank you, Vio~ My heart thumps just remembering certain scenes. Glad you enjoyed!

message 13: by Vio (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vio Lol a great description the heart definitely thumped!

Adjoa Q i absolutely adored this book. damn!

Ms. Nikki Me, too! Nothing has compared to this read emotionally. Just fantastic~

Marion Hi Nikki, loved your review, then loved the book. My very first M/M book was Jane Seville's "Zero At The Bone" and It is still

Marion Cont...
My favorite!! Just wondering if you've read it?

Ms. Nikki Marion wrote: "Hi Nikki, loved your review, then loved the book. My very first M/M book was Jane Seville's "Zero At The Bone" and It is still"

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's a memorable read.

I did read Zero at the Bone. I gave it 3 stars, but I did not write a review, so I don't remember exactly what my qualms with the read were.

Adjoa Q This is too much. I'm actually reading this book for the 16th time...ok ok 26th time. So sue me. Lmao! Seriously, I think the author should sue me or something. I have read the other Chris Owen books but I still go back to this. It's simply...i don't have the words.

Can someone please please please recommend another m/m that is as fantastique as this please. Help me guys. Cause I really need to move on.

Worried Bareback addict.

Ms. Nikki I'm sorry to inform you of this terrible news, but...there will no moving on for you or me as of yet. I have not found anything that compares. Sue Brown does some possessive stuff, but this is still the best. If you find a better one before me, feel free to stop by and let me know.

Adjoa Q Lol! Will do that Nikki. The search is on. And I'm sure it's gonna be a really long search. Cause the bar has been set really high here and I really really don't see any other book coming close. Whew!