Douglas's Reviews > The Art of a Beautiful Game: The Thinking Fan's Tour of the NBA

The Art of a Beautiful Game by Chris Ballard

Feb 28, 10

bookshelves: basketball
Read from February 21 to 28, 2010

An interesting perspective about the game of basketball.

The book starts off strong about Kobe's 'killer instinct' Basically, if Kobe were playing you one-on-one, first to 100 with buckets one point each; even if he were beating you 40-0, he would show no mercy. He'll beat you to a pulp.

The other section that I found interesting was about the NBA conditioning sections. Just learning about how hard the players trained was kinda cool. As a fan, I always knew they trained hard, but hearing about the workouts was interesting.

I was disappointed with the book. A handful of good sections, but I read the first chapter before buying it with the assumption that the whole commentary would be like that first chapter. It was, but maybe the other aspects of the game weren't as exciting?

An interesting read nevertheless and its still a worthwhile read for any hardcore basketball junkie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Art of a Beautiful Game.

02/22/2010 page 100
41.67% "It started off strong with Kobe and the killer instinct, but its declining..."