Jamie's Reviews > Forever

Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Jul 17, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, arc, review-copy, review-copy-from-author-publisher, recommend, favorites, urban-fantasy, werewolves, ya
Read from July 08 to 14, 2011

I absolutely love this trilogy. Maggie has such a unique writing style in all her books. She draws you in from the first page and doesn't let go. The characters are so real it's like you are really friends with them and are there throughout the book. Sometimes I forget that they are supernatural beings and not entirely human. They deal with everyday issues along with their lives as wolves.

I have loved Grace and Sam since the beginning in Shiver. That was the start of such an amazing trilogy that I could not get enough of. While they are still teenagers their love has been tested so many times and has just continued to grow stronger. I liked how when they first met and it was all teenage love, boy meet girl. Then it evolved into something so much bigger. Their struggles with friends, family and each being a wolf just brought more to the story. Then add in Isabel and Cole and the story gets even more interesting. I thought Maggie did such a great job with these two characters. I loved their whole love/hate relationship. How they came together to save Sam, Grace and the wolves was truly spectacular. I liked how Isabel and Cole's family science background was brought in without it sounding all scientific. It was really interesting and I'm not into science at all.

I was surprised and sad that some of the characters did not make it to the end. The part with Sam and Beck was well written, not going to give away any spoilers though. I was really shocked and was wondering the entire time about the Sheriff. I kept thinking he is just setting them up but happy how that turned out. I also liked how Cole was able to communicate with the wolves while he was human. That was an added bonus. There were just so many moments that I could list that I loved throughout this book and the previous ones. I have read and own all the books Maggie has published, I just can't get enough of her writing. She is truly an amazing author. If you haven't read her books, well you need to, you will not be disappointed. While I am sad to see this story end I'm looking forward to reading Scorpio Races and anything else she writes.

This book was given to me as a review copy from the publisher, it did not affect my review in any way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever.

07/10/2011 page 103